8 days / 7 nights - Cruise
Opatija to Dubrovnik
Departure at 13h towards Rab, known as the “island of love” with an old town of the same name.Join on guided city tours and see the medieval walls and the famous four towers (and maybe climb one of them later!) Together With palaces, churches and squares.
There's a slight Montmartre feel with many artists painting and exhibiting out on the streets.Legend has it that local nuns created a special Rab cake for a visiting Pope and we will sample this after the tour. forever secret.
After breakfast we head for Zadar, the oldest university town in Croatia with an amazing heritage and where history looks you in the eyes: The Roman Forum from the 1st century, St Donat church from the 9th century-the most famous medieval Basilica and the city's symbol, the mighty city walls, over 30 churches.
Muses and former noble families' palaces and villas in the old town.In recent years Zadar has added a touch of cool with the famous Sea Organs and “Greeting to the Sun” light installations, both located on the city's waterfront.Watch the fabulous sunset from here.Guided city tour.
Wine and waterfalls! Cruise towards Skradin then board our coach.First stop is the famous Bibich winery for wine tasting and light tapas lunch.Back in Skradin we walk through the Krka Waterfalls National Park and visit “Skradinski Buk”. Jaw droppingly beautiful, this is the most popular part of the waterfall area.There are 17 waterfalls, with cascades up to 100 m wide, and the Krka river tumbles 45.7 meters.A never-to-forget experience is swimming under the falls so bring your swimming things and enjoy Šibenik, is almost in the very central part of Croatia's Adriatic coast and is our afternoon destination.
Explore the glorious old town, the cultural monuments and possibly the most famous one here, the UNESCO listed Cathedral of St James. Wander and discover the historic core and waterfront.Some good boutique shopping too.Dinner on board.
We continue south to Split, Croatia's second largest city where Roman Emperor Diocletian built himself a retirement palace now under UNESCO protection.Split waterfront is a happening place and there's a buzz along the beautiful wide promenade.
A local guide meets us on arrival for a walk through the heart of the bustling old town and the market.
Today we discover one of the last remaining wetland deltas in Europe.We cruise to Metković, on the banks of the river Neretva after which the delta is named.Here, mandarins grow by the water channels and we take a barge ride to explore the groves There's a delightful, “time warp” feeling like nowhere else on the coast.Narona archeological museum in Vid, which we visit, was formally inaugurated in 2007 as the first „in situ“ museum in Croatia exhibiting the remains of a Roman temple.
Narona holds remains of a Roman temple – the Augusteum – and seventeen monumental marble sculptures of Roman emperors and their family members. , Romans once sailed, and, according to legend, the pirates of Neretva planned their raids on enemy galleys.Captain's dinner with live entertainment on board scheduled for this evening.
Departure towards Korčula, an island best known as the birthplace of Marco Polo, the famous explorer.Covering much of the island are the distinct, almost black pine forests so Korčula is also known as `` the Black Island “. Dubrovnik, as it also encased by medieval stone ramparts and towers.The famous Moreska sword dance-fight is thought to have come to the island when the Moors raged through this region and there are regular performances.
A local guide will lead you through the old town where tiny streets are designed in a fish bone pattern for a very good reason that you will hear about! Lots of simple konobas, restaurants and cool cocktail bars for chill out time.
There is no better way to catch first sight of famous Dubrovnik than from the sea and this is our final destination – Dubrovnik. It is one of the few walled cities on the sea in the world.Writer George Bernard Shaw described it as “heaven on earth ”.We cruise alongside the old city walls for a true perspective of the majesty of this place.Lunch is served on deck as we head for Gruz harbor to dock.
Once moored, we transfer to the old town for a guided walking tour of In your own time, why not walk those famous ramparts (all 1940 meters long!), or take the cable car from the Old Town to Srđ mountain for fabulous views of the city itself and the Elaphiti Islands (ticket included) .If you want to explore any of the museums in more detail, such as Sponza or Rectors, now is the time.
After breakfast it ’s goodbye from Dubrovnik, your crew and your new friends-for now at least.
So many people return to travel again with Katarina Line on this amazing blue Adriatic wonder.
Saturday check in from 11h in Opatija harbour; departure at 13h
Double cabin for single use (Single supplement): +50%
- Local transfer from Opatija hotels to Opatija port and departure transfer from Dubrovnik harbor to Dubrovnik airport - Only on the day of arrival and day of departure.
- Barge excursion & visit of museum Narona in Metković
- Krka National Park entrance fee
- Dubrovnik cable car fee
- Visitors' taxes & port fees
No additional fees on arrival except gratuities!
- Arrival transfers: Various airport transfer possibilities (Rijeka, Pula, Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request
- Moreška entrance fees: approx. EUR 15.- per person (possible only for departure on 18th August)
- Korčula village dinner experience: EUR 35.- per person
Flight details to be provided at least 3 weeks (21 days) prior to cruise departure and latest 10 days in advance in order for Croatia Holidays to organise the arrival and departure transfers.
- Advance payment of EUR 200 per person
- Reminder latest two month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- All our cruise departures are guaranteed, however if less than 10 participants are booked, we reserves the right in cancelling the departure and changing the ship name if the need arises.
- Guests are obliged to follow the ship rules and regulations found in written form onboard especially in regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of improper behavior we/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 60 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – EUR 20 per person
Create your holiday in Croatia with the help of our team.